Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happy 30th Esther

Well it is Esther's 30th birthday today and so I have decided to hijack her Blog page and write a tribute to her. After 10 and a half years of marriage, I continue to be amazed at Esther and her abilities and strengths.

One of the first things I noticed about Esther was her huge smile and love of life and people. Another thing that was very evident early on, and has continued to show through was her determination.










Esther has always been willing to throw herself into new and exciting things. One of the first things we did together was skydiving and she continues to look for fun, be it on the snowy slopes of Utah or the pristine beaches around Dunsborough in the Southwest of Australia.

It is hard to believe that only 14 months ago she was giving birth to Isaac. Since then she has packed up her home and moved her family to the other side of the world, established a new home here in Utah, made so many wonderful new friends, continued to love and nurture her family, been an amazing support to her husband, run a half marathon and then just to go one better, she ran the full St George Marathon (42 kms). I was absolutely amazed 2 weeks ago when she decided that she would hike to the "Y' with all 4 children while I was studying for exams. Aside from a few sore spots after these physical challenges she has been able to keep going throughout the remainder of the day as if she hadn't done them.

I could not have ever imagined I would have a wife like Esther. She is everything I ever dreamed of and more. I love her, and the kids and I hope that she has a very Happy Birthday and look forward to many more adventures.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ESTHER