Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sledding, skiing & snowboarding

~On top of the world~

This week Dave had 3 days off school and so on Friday morning of that week, Katie Hart & I went up to Sundance ski resort to have a bit of girl time. Dave kind of pushed for me to do it because this week he is off to North Carolina for a case competition. I don't think we will ever live 15 minutes from a ski resort again so we made the most of it! (Never say never, but I am pretty sure.) It was a great day, the sun was shining, there was fresh powder and no waiting in lines for the ski lift. Brilliant. I snow boarded and Katie was my professional ski buddy. She put me to shame. As a child, she would spend every weekend in the winter skiing with her family. On the chair lifts up she had some great stories to share! Scenery was incredible. Being without children for a moment, was even more sensational. (I do love my children, but it is always great to have a break!)

Perfect day to be snowboarding. Katie was hard core, helemet and all.


I look like a dork, which makes this a great photo. I kept trying to stand with my snowboard, but I would slide down the hill each time. (Doesn't look slanted, but it is!!) If you made a wrong turn, you just fall off the cliff behind me.


Savannah and Hyrum's Christmas present was a half day at Sundance skiing. The photo below we are on the shuttle bus, ready and eager to ski.



It wasn't perfect weather, snowing and damp but we had a blast. Savannah was a natural and once Hyrum got used to falling all the time, he became fearless and became a real pro!

Yeeeeehaaaa!

Falling with style!

Love this photo. You can't see clearly here, but he was just dripping with snow and dampness from all the falls he had taken.



Sundance ski resort.

Sledding with the Billings.

This was a minute up the road from sundance. We found a fun spot to sled over the Christmas break and the children had a blast. Later on that day we all went to the dollar theatre together as well. Some of the Wymount gang.