Thursday, January 13, 2011

Family for the Summer

We were lucky to have our niece/cousin over while Chad and Trent went to a basketball camp at BYU one weekend. It was great to have a cousin for the kids to hang out with. Abby was super fun to have around and we are glad that we have family in the same Country!


We can't let a chance go by and not go hike the Y. We went late in the afternoon because it was hot and it was just magical. The children are always so happy outside. Love it!

One of my favorite view's of Provo.


We were also lucky to have a visit from the land down under. Yay, another cousin with an Aussie accent and my sister. We felt very spoilt!

My sister came over from Brisbane Australia with my nephew Ben for some of our Utah Summer break. It was a great to have family in town and for the children to have some family to hang out with over the long summer break

We had fun exploring Bridal veil falls. It was fun having an older cousin. Ben is now in Young Mens and has grown up sooooo much! I left Brisbane when Ben was around 4. Time flies!



We got to see "This is the place" and surprise, surprise, this was my first time as well. In the 2 years in Utah we have basically seen everything 4 times over but this centre is only opened in the warm weather and we hadn't had a chance to see it when it was open. It really was worth it.

I think this was Brigham Young's cottage....

Enjoying the different activities such as panning for gold, horse ride, visiting an old school, looking at the Indian tee pee's, visiting the little town stores and lots more.




I asked Ben what he wanted to do. Penny arcade!!!!
Amy had little terror Isaac and was packing some of my boxes for the move to California so it was a treat for me as well.

Eating Aussie treats back in Wymount.

Salt Lake Temple.


Relief Society building. I had never gone in this before and it was beautiful.



I was dropping Amy and Ben off to the airport after this. So I am glad we got to see more of Salt Lake and have a yummy snack at the Beehive house before we said goodbye. I was really grateful that they made the effort to come for the second time in a year! Thanks Amy and Ben!