Thursday, July 23, 2009

Monterey Bay Aquarium



Monterey Bay is about 80 minutes drive away from where we are in Santa Clara. The children and I went with the Kenny family who are in our ward. She has just come out from Utah recently and they have 4 cute daughters similar ages to our children. We have had some great times with them. (They are also the family who have been life savers and lent us a very nice queen size bed the first night we arrived here!!) Cami had free tickets to the aquarium for all of us which was fantastic! We had such a fun time looking at all the marine.....but it was just soooooooo busy!! Just trying to keep an eye on the two youngest was a very big challenge since they didn't want to stay in their prams. (Gone are those days!)

Monterey bay is such a great little town that Dave and I are trying to figure out if we have any more Saturdays left to go back and explore more. Cami and I, with 8 children, managed to look at the aquarium and find a place to eat and we thought that was clever....so we didn't get a chance to see anything else. We had left at 9:00am and got back at 3:00pm and I find these days more exhausting than a 10 mile run.

Hyrum's question here with a mouthful of food was...."Can we have a minature sized shark for a pet?" Thinking the miniature sized part, made it sound all the more reasonable!

Isaac is becoming such a curious little man and I just count myself blessed that he is doing so well.

(If only that clam could close shut, nice and tight for these 3 cheeky monkeys.)

Beth with her friend Abbey. If she has a friend around, I don't hear boo from her.

Megan and Hyrum... Hyrum looks a little too pleased?


This is midday and it is still so foggy and cold. Crazy weather!


When we got home....TV was on for the rest of the afternoon and I did say "no" to the pool. Apparently I went to being the best mum in the world for taking them to the aquarium ... to the worst mum for not taking them to the pool in just moments! But I wasn't waking a sleeping Isaac and I was just happy to be home, no more making sure 4 children (or 8) were not lost in a big crowd.