Wednesday, July 22, 2009

One Glorious adventure


Last Saturday we decided to go explore a light house at Point Bonita. This is the lighthouse at the entrance to the San Francisco bay, just before you enter the Golden Gate. It was such a fun filled day and I thought....life doesn't get much better than this. Being with my family and exploring this beautiful city. We learnt a lot about the bay's history and nature. We felt like we were on a real outdoor adventure. As we were walking (it was a bit of a hike to get to the lighthouse) Beth got us singing...'going on a bear hunt!"


This is where they used to fire the cannons at enemy ships.

These are real smiles....I say this because sometimes I have to threaten them to smile for my photos. I didn't even say for them to put their arms around each other. This is why I love this picture.

We had so much fun seeing all the sea life here. Their are also seals on this rock and we saw plenty more that just kept us looking contently out into the sea water, entertained for long happy, unquarreling minutes.

Always has to be a Savannah, Isaac photo. Sometimes I have to fight her for Isaac's attention.

Looking at the birds and saying..."quack, quack."

Caught out!!!! Beth has gotten into this habbit of bringing a bag where ever she goes. (And you should see what is in her bag.) 'Apparently' Abbey gave Beth this lipstick she has been carrying EVERYWHERE!!!!! It is driving me crazy!! The whole day she kept 'applying' her makeup and Dave was calling her the JOKER all day because she applied sooooo much lipstick. I didn't have the heart to tell her to stop....we were out doors and it was harmless. She also managed to stay in the bathroom that morning to do her hair (notice the beautiful side part...) while eveyone else was doing chores. I hope you also appreciate her beatuiful pink outfit and 'skirt' for a hike. Complete opposite of her sister.

The other funny thing she kept saying on the hike to the light house was..."When will we see the white house?"


Finally we arrive to our destination. Point Bonita Lighthouse.


This bridge can only carry 2 people at a time. We were the first to go across, and there was a big group and everyone was waiting for their turn. Beth needed to go 'potty' (becoming a recurring theme of our trips) so being the first had it's advantages because I found out to my horror that there was no loo. So we had to be very creative and do it in very limited room where the lighthouse was and it was a the very opposite to discrete. Meanwhile, Savannah and Hyrum had to go over the bridge together and apparently they went very slowly while everyone watched them. I got to miss the show as I was with Beth, but Dave was wanting to yell out '"HURRY UP!"


I love seeing all the animals we wouldn't see in Australia, in the wild. The children and I get very excited. I took this in the car and they were just by the side of the road. (While Dave is possilbly getting a little frustrated!!)

On the way home we did some more exploring and stopped of at a marine museum and park.

San Francisco...baby. Isn't it beautiful. Tourists everywhere.

Chinatown....... and the children were blocking their noses to all the unusual smells. It was hilarious.

We weren't sure what this was????? But it stunk....