Friday, September 18, 2009

Goodbye California


I am just going to combine all the rest of the Califrornia photos and put them into one blog. This wedding was the weekend before we left and it was friends from the MBA program who got married. We had such fun meeting up with friends here after everyone had been in different locations for the Summer's internships.



This was our second date in 4 moths and it was rather anticipated!!!! So much bonding time with the kids over the Summer, it was nice to escape for the evening.

Okay, this is a funny one just for our family. This was right next to our apartments. We went once for family night but it was just something we would pass so many times each day, we thought it would be a funny thing to remember later on.

This was the children's museum we went to at least once a week. ALL the children loved it.

The tech museum.

At the tech museum the children loved typing in there name and the machine would get the blocks and spell it out for them.

The beautiful, long California nights meant picnics and tennis. Where we lived there were free tennis courts everywhere!! We don't have any real good photos of these events but there was some good rivalry going on.

The other date. It was my first concert ever and we went and saw Coldplay. It was very FUN and I am glad Dave was with me for my first concert. I felt 16 all over again.


Another picnc.
Always posing!

We had an MBA picnic for those who were in the San Francisco area during the summer. Lots of fun.

Some of us gathered for a photo. The beautiful couple on the left, Becky and Troy babysat for us for the concert.


At the beginning of the Summer I did a few great day trips with Megan and the children. We had them over for dinner one night before the baby came. She had a little boy a few months ago called Cal.

Living in California for 3 months was a fantastic experience! It took a little readjusting but we managed. Living in a 2 bedroom apartment was INTERESTING to say the least. I did have a few moments of insanity. Like at bedtime I had turned into grumpy mum. One child was trying to sleep in the kids bedroom, one was on our bed "trying " to go to bed and 2 were in our tiny living room and I just wanted some SPACE and there was no where to go!!!! (Those nights Dave would send me off running in hope I came back a happy person. A good trick he has learnt!) All the incredible adventures we went on made up for it.

The chldren became very creative when they didn't have a backyard. We had 2 balconys a few feet apart and one time the first few days we were there, wating for the furniture and TV to arrive, Savannah and Hyrum were testing them out and "seeing: if they could get from one balcony to the other, spiderman style. (Fortunately we are on the first floor, and it was a safe falling distance!!!) but I heard this casual but concerned yell from Savannah who had somehow become stuck in the process of getting from a to b. I had to laugh at the fantastic way they were trying to entertain themselves!! Isaac and Bethany were cheering from the balcony and I was just happy that they were out of my way so I could organise things. Savannah was a little offended when I was laughing. I am happy to say that they did not attempt this again. One balcony was designated "kids only" and they got some little plants to grow, special sticks and rocks, (which were 'apparently' rare and worth a lot of money!!!) and other things that they had collected on our trips like nuts that the squirrels ate and special flowers to attract butterflies. Love it! One of the things me and the kids miss the most was the lazy days at the pool! Goodbye California! In the next few months we shall see where life leads us next!