Sunday, September 27, 2009

Bryce Canyon

This trip was organised WAY in advance and when we got home from California I was a little worried that we had too much to do, let alone go camping. However, it became a wonderful distraction after having a heavy week at doctors appointments that it was a great ESCAPE with fun and crazy friends and time to spend on all the children, not just Isaac.

Fortunately, about a month later, Isaac is on new meds and it seems to be doing really well, thus far! I am stoked at his progress.

We went camping with the Baers and the Woodruff family and had a blast. Savannah is starting to hang with the big girls and I am amazed now just how quickly she is growing up!

Our funky accommodation.

Across the road from our camp was shops and we had to have a little peek. I was disappointed once again with the lack of wild bears on the loose.

The whole gang.

Mike, Tyson, Dave and Isaac.

Some like the water COLD.

Each family had a trusty hiking chair for the the baby of the family. A very worthwhile investment.

She puts on the cutest smile, but moments before she was whining that she was 'tired'.


I would love to have known what this little 5 year old was thinking about! The whole world at her finger tips.

Best dad in the world.

I have 10 similar shots of Hyrum posing. We don't need any male models in this household thanks! (He is the next Derek Zoolander)

"Cheese."

Isaac looks adorable!

This hike was just so fun and incredible. We hiked just before dusk. We had eaten an early dinner and it was definitely the way to go.

These little monkeys had to be continually 'encouraged' to keep 'walking'.

Savannah just looooovvvvves Diana.

For cubs, Hyrum had to start his own fire. Wow was this a highlight of his little experience. It is always so much fun when you have a camp fire. As well as marshmallows to toast (or burn, in my case!)

Hyrum was always disappointed when the fire actually got going because it meant that his job was done.

Yes......we had to hold Isaac down, when it came to the fire.

Burnt one for mum please Savannah!

To distract the children on Sunday, we got them to create something for a table decoration.

I wish I could braid like my friends.......looks so cute. Bethany actually looks loved when her hair isn't messy!

Woodruff family.

My two personal trainers. Alex, in the middle kills me at the gym with the weights and Diana is my running freak of a friend who got me into the marathons in the first place and pushes me to another extreme. Love to hate it!


Looking for that wild bear!!! However, I find out later that bears don't like noise. When you are hiking with 8 rather noisy children I don't think it is going to happen for some reason.

Another hike. Diana has a cheeky grin becase she is teaching my children some rather interesting songs!!!

Where did Beth go???

Hyrum was up top here trying to dance like Michael Jackson in Thriller. A little scary to watch in every sense. I seem to recall him breaking his arm once when he was climbing up to show off.